Friday, May 27, 2005

Second day of class

The second day of class wasn't too bad. We had an assignment to at least start reading a short story. We were going to discuss it in class, which we did. The teacher gave us an assignment to take home. Can you believe that, an assignment the Friday of Memorial Day weekend? What the hell is up with that? Anyway, it's supposed to be a 1-2 page, double-spaced, typed paper. It shouldn't be a problem. If I was smart, I would have started and finished by the end of Saturday. It probably won't happen. I'll probably end up doing it Sunday or Monday because that's the kind of procrastinator I am.

I was a little later to class than my classmates. In fact, I was the last one to show up. I had to stop and get breakfast on the way because I was hungry and knew I'd be starving for the next two hours of class. Anyhow, I got a chance to glimpse my classmates.

I previously mentioned the "worried about his B-" jock. There is another jock that sits behind him that isn't as vocal as his buddy. In fact, I don't know if all four pistons are firing in this boys motor. He seems like a nice guy, just slow, really slow.

Jock number three is a black guy. Turns out he plays on the football team too. I would have pegged him for more of the short forward on the basketball team or a lacrosse guy. He's not very big but not many of our football players are. We found out today from the vocal jock that this guy has NFL lineage in his family. His grandfather played in the NFL and his father retired in like 1994 from playing with the Dallas Cowboys.

Girl number one is Asian. She's the smoker. She's pretty thin and wreaks of the cigarette smoke. She's always checking her cell phone like she's expecting a very important call.

Girl number two is blond and Caucasian. She's kind of plain Jane looking but she's very participatory in class. She's not much of a looker but seems pretty nice.

Girl number three is your typical campus "blond" and she's also Caucasian. She could be fairly cute but with all the fake blond hair and the fake-baking it's hard to tell what she really looks like. She seems pretty nice. She also seems to be your typical party girl who attends the jock fraternity parties. Today, she had my favorite "hot chick" sweats on. I can't really describe what they are but maybe I'll be able to post a picture later. They are sort of terry cloth looking material but I doubt they are. Yeah, a picture would probably be best.

After class, I went back to work. Asian girl disappeared like a ninja. "Plain Jane" was walking in front of me for a while but then she headed in a different direction. Jocks one, two and three walked with fake-bake in yet another direction.

How exciting my class day was, huh?

No comments: