Thursday, April 06, 2006

Cartoon Network and Boomerang

I am home today from work with sick kids. They are both sick. One has been sick and home from school since last Friday. The other has been sick but able to go to school until today—came home after school yesterday and was quickly burdened with a fever or 101. I feel for them when they are sick but I’m pretty much helpless. I can just sit and listen to them cough, sniffle and complain about being sick and having to take the icky medicine. Oh well, at least I get to sit with them today to help make them feel a little more comfortable.

I had to stay home because the wife teaches Tuesday and Thursday and she already canceled class on Tuesday. Her class has an exam that was scheduled for today but she pushed it back until next Tuesday because of the cancellation. Anyway, I had class today but I am able to miss it even though I prefer not to. Luckily, it’s an easy introduction to computers course so minimal studying is required on my part. I’m actually supposed to be typing up my 1-page homework assignment for the computer lab tomorrow but I decided to type a bit.

Mainly I wanted to speak of how funny it is to see my kids watching some of the same shows I did when I was a child, and that was some time ago. On the Cartoon Network, they have this program called Boomerang. It basically plays all the old cartoons and some new ones of the same cartoons that I watched some 20+ years ago.

Shows like Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, The Banana Spits, Scooby Doo, The Snorks, The Smurfs, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, The Flintstones, Marvin the Martian, Atom Ant and some others. It’s just amazing to me that these goofy cartoons have stood the test of time and now my kids are enjoying them like I did. Those are truly the best cartoons/shows not this Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon shit!

Anyway, just thought I share that random thought.

No comments: