Friday, April 21, 2006

Local college student goes mental...

...story doesn't even make it into the campus newspaper. Probably because the student only hurt himself and slight damaged a couple of cars. But his ass bled all over the place.

This is a recap as written by my mother-in-law's husband (easier than me writing my own description) which both just happen to live five lots up the street from me. We both live in university-owned housing and this is an email he sent to a landlord that owns a house on the block where this all started...
A student visited your tenants at [blah blah], freaked out, dove through a window on the west side of your house, and ran screaming into your front yard.

Friends of the student and/or your tenants tried to restrain him, but he ran across the street, screaming, tripped on the curb, got up, ran to a car and started beating on the car--denting and bloodying it markedly.

He then ran to a second car parked on the same side of the street--this happens to be my stepson-in-law and stepdaughter's van--beat on that for a while, again bloodying and denting it pretty well. He ran screaming into the backyard of my stepson-in-law, rolled in the grass, and bled all over the fence, the air conditioner unit, the side of the house, and who knows what else.

One police officer said he got into the alley for a time. The student managed to get back to [the street]. By this time the police had arrived and several officers subdued him on the lawn of one of the houses several doors down the street from your house.

I got home about 3 p.m. (My wife had called me during this incident to ask me to get home.) There were several police cars on [street] and an ambulance. Most neighbors were assembled in their front yards, talking and watching.

The [local] police service # for this incident is ##-#### and the officer who gave this to me is ["Mr. Police Officer]. They don't take requests for incident reports over the phone. I will pick up a copy in the morning, scan it, and e-mail it to you. The phone number for [local] Police Victim Liaison is ### ###-####.

One [local] police officer mentioned that the ambulance folk indicated the student was not having a diabetic fit but had too much Ritalin in him.

Another neighbor on [the street] who saw it all, a retired police officer, indicated that the crazy look of the student's eyes suggested he was probably on drugs.
Check out some pictures here. I got there after the guy had been subdued and taken away. Bummer.











No comments: