Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Return of Billy Ray Cyrus

My kids have been watching a new show on the Disney Channel. It's about a 14-yr-old teenager who is a singer, with a songwriter father and a weird brother. I'm not sure the whole concept of the show. I just noticed that the father was Billy Ray Cyrus - yes, "Mr. Achy Breaky Heart" has moved from PAX TV to the Disney Channel. The 14-yr-old girls is his real-life daughter. I'm not sure if the boy/son is any relation to the Cyruses. The show is called Hannah Montana.

I am expecting to see "Hannah Montana" cut a record deal shortly like every other freaking child "actor" on the Disney channel. I quoted actor because the "acting" done on some of the shows is really piss-poor like the "Raven-clan" but it's good enough to capture the attention of young children, I guess.

We had Hilary Duff, Christie Carlson Romano, Raven, Raven's guy friend on her show, and two girls that have been doing a show and movies together on Disney. Obviously, Disney is starting to be synonymous with getting a singing deal!

Sign your kids up for the Mickey Mouse Club folks, it could be promising down the road.

No comments: