Friday, April 14, 2006

It's not OCD. I promise!

I tend to sort M & Ms by color before eating them, then I eat one color at a time but I eat the odd numbers first. For instance, if there are 7 green and 5 brown I will mix one green with one brown to eat them in an even number and at the same time leaves the green and brown numbers even.

I know it sounds OCD but I really started doing it because I would eat the damn M & Ms too fast. Before I knew it, I would go through an individual pack in seconds. So to slow down the gorge-fest, I'd sort by color, even the colors total numbers and then I'd eat them by color to extend my enjoyment of the chocolate-coated candy shell over a longer period of time.

Anyway, my kids and I stopped by Blockbuster today to pick up a couple of movies for them. I also bought them each a candy - the youngest got chocolate-covered raisins (basically Raisanettes but the off brand) and the oldest got gummi bears. They started chowing on them, each their own choice, and when they were done, my oldest brought the gummies to me separated by color.

I swear it's not OCD like me. I'm sure it was just boredom.

No comments: