Thursday, June 08, 2006

More French Open, class, tiredness

I really should be going to sleep about now but I am watching my TiVo French Open. I’m watching Nadal vs Djokovic. Although I already know that Nadal wins, I just like watching some good plays in the tennis matches. Freakish, I know.

I just got done about an hour ago reading a couple of my stories for my human sexuality class that I am taking. This shit is killing me although we haven’t had any grades yet. I turned in my first assignment yesterday and had a quiz today but neither has been graded. This damn class is a lot – I mean a lot – of freaking reading. I have three books to read from. The major textbook and then two smaller books from which she assigns side reading outside of the chapters in the book. The chapters are very wordy and boring and monotonous…did I mention boring or wordy, yet? Anyway, I’m trying to stay on top of things because this class gives me two credits – one for cultural formations and one for western societies (or something close to that) – from just one term. Also, it’s so much compressed in such a short time. In fact, I have just three more weeks of class after this week and the summer one session is done. That’s a bonus but again, I’m in brain-drain with work, reading, kids, wife, and still trying to fit in some TV watching and personal fun.

This Friday we have some family from Illinois coming in town to visit until next Tuesday. I’m on vacation from work next week partly because of their visit but I still have to attend class from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Sucks, but what can I do. If I’m to complete this degree before retirement, I’m going to have to continue at least at the current pace and I may see that slip of paper called a diploma in about 5-7 years.

So, not that anyone cares, I may be out of touch after Friday night until next Tuesday night or longer. Depends on how much I get stuck with reading and entertaining.

Damn, it’s 12:08 a.m. I really need to get the hell to bed. Work time comes early and I’ve been feeling tired all week even though I’ve pretty much gotten at least 6-8 hours of sleep a night. Now it’s not continuous but I still shouldn’t feel THIS tired.

Oh well!

No comments: