Sunday, June 25, 2006

Lagging behind and never enough time

Well, I never did get around to typing about the Mavs’ game 6 loss. I won’t either. I’m over it now. No reason to bring up the past after it’s been a week or so. We forge ahead and hope they’ll continue to be a force to be reckoned with throughout the season and well into the playoffs/finals.

Anyway, lately my days are long and my nights (sleep time) are short. This human sexuality class is a lot of reading. I just don’t seem to have the needed time or discipline to do the reading like I should. With work, kids, and just personal preference between fun or studying, I’m lagging behind in the reading. Luckily, the grades I have had are pretty decent. We just took our midterm last Monday which we haven’t gotten our grades back from so my decent overall grade could become not-so-decent.

In class on Friday, the prof said that she was curving the grades and didn’t want to give them back to us until after she curved them. Apparently the range was 58 to 98 with the average being 78 (I think that’s what she said). I was like, ‘Holy shit!” I feel like I made above the 78, at least mid 80s, but who the hell knows for sure until we get the grade back? I remember on my second exam in my microeconomics class that I thought I did in the 90s. I get the friggin’ thing back and I got a 56. It was a shocker for sure! So, that’s why I’m sweating it wondering what I actually got on this midterm.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I guess that’s about all the excitement I have to share for now.

No comments: