Sunday, July 02, 2006

Overanalysis of Spider Man 2

I was re-watching “Spider-Man 2” today to help fix my surround sound system and it made me wonder…
  • How did Octavius become “superhuman” when all that happened to him was the mechanical arms were fused to his spinal cord? Like when he’s robbing the bank, Spidey slings a bag full of gold coins into Octavius’ face, the bag basically explodes upon impact, and Doc Oct shrugs it off like it was a mosquito bite.
  • How come Spider Man didn’t just spin a gigantic web ahead of the speeding train to stop it?
  • If Spidey’s web is strong enough to attach to buildings and stop a train, how did Octavius remove the quick spurts from his glasses that Spidey shot at him (I think this was during the building fight where Aunt May was involved but not sure)?
  • How was Octavius able to avoid being seen or even found in his new “laboratory” when he couldn’t exactly hide his mechanical arms AND he made such a ruckus when he traveled by using the arms?
There are other things that bothered me too but I guess I’m over-analyzing the movie already.

Just some thoughts.


No comments: