Sunday, March 16, 2008

A couple of movie "reviews"

I always hate typing REVIEWS when really they are just my honest opinions about movies I have watched but here the "reviews" go...
 
No Country for Old Men. The movie was quite violently graphic which is a thumbs up. The action was pretty good for another thumbs up. The storyline and plot started out easy enough to follow but then it got a little zig-zaggy. The cat and mouse between Llewelyn Moss and Anton Chigurh was pretty good although occasionally a little far-fetched. My main complaint is that the ending seemed kind of incomplete.

Anyway, it was worth the free rental I "paid" for it so rent your copy and somewhat enjoy it.
 
Michael Clayton. I'm not sure why the movie was up for an academy award but it was. It wasn't a bad movie but it wasn't a movie where I was saying, "Damn, this should be one of the top five movies for best picture!" It just wasn't that kind of movie.

The movie had a similar premise of movies like The Insider, The Pelican Brief, Eric Brokovich, and The Firm. Now, the lady that won best supporting actor was probably deserving. She played a character under a lot of stress and did well with it. Other than that, I've seen this movie premise before and it wasn't done any better this time around than before. In fact, before may have actually been better.
 
Hitman. You know what this movie is going into it...and it does not disappoint.

The main character actor seems so familiar but I couldn't place where I've seen him before even after looking him up on IMDB.com. It gives many movies and shows that he has co-starred in but none bring back images of the part he played.

Anyway, I think he did a very good job as a cold-blooded killer. He ended up having or showing some feeling which is the same in other movies with similar story lines but it was a good, new-but-similar play on already told plots.

It's very graphic as expected but I would definitely recommend Hitman over Michael Clayton any day!

No comments: