Tuesday, March 25, 2008

In the news

From a story at the DallasNews.com. I just copied the "headline" as I think it says it all. You can try to click here for the entire story but registration may be needed and/or expiration may occur.
Associated Press
GALVESTON, Texas - A jury on Tuesday rejected a man's claim that he was insane when he put his infant daughter in a microwave and turned it on for up to 20 seconds.
I don't even know why we waste money trying people like this. And now they are in the "punishment phase" of jury deliberations: Do they give him probation or life in prison?

Are you kidding me...they actually have to CHOOSE between the two!? I mean it is obvious to me but I would have put a third punishment in there: Put him in a microwave for 20 seconds and then put him on death row so he can live with and feel the pain and suffering of his injuries like his daughter has to.

America is a pretty great country but we are WAY to lenient on criminals! If the punishment is more severe, I can guarantee you that the crime statics will go down.

No comments: