Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lent

So, to coincide with Lent, I have decided to give up Diet Dr Pepper (soda in general) because I have a 3-can/bottle-before-lunch/end-of-work-and-2/3-more-cans-at-night habit that I think I may need to kick. If I drank alcohol, I would be considered an alcoholic...good thing I can't stand the taste of alcohol.

I've also decided to start my weight-loss initiative. I stopped by the store last night after my tennis match and bought a bunch of Healthy Choice, Smart Ones, and Lean Cuisine meals. I feel like and always have felt like I was wasting money on these meals because I wasn't getting the quantity (and sometimes quality) of food I expected to get from spending my hard earned dollars like I would from Wendy's or Whataburger.

I still believe this is true but my issue is portion size. I was raised in a fairly big family, money was tight, and we were taught not to waste. Even if I am full, I will usually clean my plate because I can't waste food. This is why I've purchased the meals. They are portion-sized and should help me retrain my mentality and eating habits.

So, my journey begins on Wednesday, February 25, 2009. Starting weight is 221 lbs. The goal is 40 days and beyond as long as all goes well.

We'll see...

No comments: