Friday, January 23, 2009

Women's Professional Tennis

I don't know if I've typed about this before but I think they need to make a DECIBEL rule in tennis, especially women's tennis.

I am watching a match on television between Victoria Azarenko and Amelie Mauresmo at the Australian Open and I want Azarenko to lose just because she's annoying me with her fucking squeals after she hits every shot. Mauresmo isn't making much of a peep other than an occasional grunt while chasing down and hitting a shot.

This Azarenko chick (although somewhat of a hottie) reminds me of Maria Sharapova and her squeaks and squeals. These are avoidable audible noises but the WTA...and ATP...needs to put a stop to it. Personally, if I were playing against such a noisy opponent, I would claim that their noises masks the sound of them hitting the ball which in turn affects my strokes and timing. Valid point, I think. Besides, most people that I play tennis with or those that I know watch tennis agree that the screams and shit are annoying and take away from the overall enjoyment of a professional tennis match.


No comments: