Thursday, July 30, 2009

This is one of the dumbest things ever

If you want to meet the President and you are a black man, cry racial profiling! I think the professor, Obama's friend, was a little pissed that his buddy hadn't had him over for dinner since he's run for the presidency.

Click here for the story on YahooNews for as long as it lasts.

Now, don't you non-White people get your panties in a wad. I'm half White and half Hawaiian which makes me look Mexican. I've had my own run-ins with assumptions from White police officers as well as Black and Mexican. Everyone assumes I'm Mexican and treat you like the stereotype of a Mexican. It sucks. It's a part of my life. The way I feel about it is as long as I'm clean as a whistle, they do not have a leg to stand on when it comes to accusations or ignorant assumptions. I'm not smart alecky with them. I'm courteous whether they are or not. Luckily for me, nothing has ever escalated which led to an arrest or even close.

I do believe most cops are corrupt because of what I read, hear, and personally know. They are just like criminals. They think if they don't get caught (and they most likely won't because they are cops) then what harm is in occasionally accepting a bribe, treat, trick, or whatever. Who doesn't? Ever heard of Enron, Arthur Andersen, et al? It's sad but it's very hard to find a cop, someone, anyone you can truly trust.

Anyhow, it would be more of a White cop said versus Black dude said if there wasn't a third party (a Black cop) that supported the White cop's version then I would be way more leery of the goings on. I'm just more in the "I don't know what to think because I wasn't there" category. Which is where Obama should have been!

I know too many Black people that cry racism and threaten to sue if you look at them wrong. It's become an ace in the hole for them to keep from getting fired or to get hired. And not just Black but Mexican/Hispanic as well. Isn't it funny how you don't ever hear people crying racism for Asians, Asian-Pacific Islanders, Tongans, Somoans, etc? They aren't a "protected" ethnicity I guess.

UPDATE-2:11 p.m. 7/31/09: Anyway, I've lost my train of thought as I started this last night and had to postpone it until the next day. It may be a disjointed, incomplete thought. Sorry. I've moved on.

No comments: