Friday, July 17, 2009

Vincent D'Onofrio

It's my last day of vacation, and it just happens to be my birthday...Happy Bday to me. I was watching television and saw Law & Order: Criminal Intent for like the hundredth-millionth time. In fact, I had already seen this particular episode a couple of times but like before, I just can't pull myself aware from Law & Order shows. Well, that's not totally true. I can (especially with the new characters on the original L&O since Lennie passed) but there wasn't many more options of shows to choose from around 9am.

Anyway, I was intrigued by the many transformations of Vincent D'Onofrio. I don't think he's an outstanding actor. In fact, his arrogance in real life comes through in his know-it-all character, Detective Robert Goren. He annoys me as much as David Caruso's Lieutenant Horatio Caine (who seems to always bust and arrest people when he's just a crime scene investigator).

Anyhow, I remember some old roles that Vincent (can I call you Vincent? LOL!) played like Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket, Dawson ("Thor") in Adventures in Babysitting, and now Robert Goren. It's almost like he's on a pendulum that goes from fat dumb guy to buff tow truck guy to fat smart homicide detective. What will he play next?


No comments: