Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Apparently Santana was the bomb in the 60s and 70s

Just a quick rant...

I was in the mood to listen to some 50s/60s rock and roll through Winamp. I "searched" through their web browser in SHOUTcast's server. I put in 50s and I got some songs I wanted to hear but a lot I didn't.

I then saw some other channels listed for 50s, 50s-60s, 60s, 60s-70s, 60s-70s-80s...you get the picture. I tried a few and they sucked. Then I found one that was named "181.FM - Classic Hits --- Home of The 60's and 70's" and thought it could be a good one.

It was...at first. The moment I got connected it had a couple of decent songs. Then a Santana song came on...completely instrumental and too damn long! I was like, "Did my channel change?" It did not change.

Finally, the song was over after like six minutes and another decent song played. About three songs later, another Santana song played. It wasn't as long or as boring. A few more songs by the likes of Rod Stewart, Beatles, Elton John and others. Then another Santana song. Five songs later, another Santana song. I'm so done with Santana unless it's "Santana feat. Michelle Branch" or "Santana feat. Rob Thomas." You get where I'm coming from.

I think you have to be in the right mood for continuous Santana, somewhat high, or maybe Mexican/Puerto Rican.

So, I know that this is just someone's stream of music so it's not like a huge radio station or something but there has got to be a better way to randomize your Santana collection into your broadcast.

I'm still listening to it to give it a fighting chance. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: