Friday, September 23, 2005

The Biggest Loser

I am a fan of the show “The Biggest Loser”. I watched last season as much as I could. Basically it was decided by if I remembered the day it was on or not and if I just got lucky by flipping channels and seeing it on. I’m just too busy otherwise to remember more than my share of shows.

What I am not a fan of is that they vote off people from each team if that team did not win the challenge.

That’s bogus!

I think dieting, like alcoholics anonymous, is a team, support-group adventure. If they work their ass off and lose weight, just to have someone vote them off the show because they may not have lost the five pounds the team expected. Instead, they lost four pounds. That’s crap.

I guess in the long run though they could benefit from being on the show by taking the exercise regimen and dieting plan home with them.

I also think that telling the contestants that they will win $100,000 if they are still on the show and the winning team in the end is ridiculous as well. I mean give them something for their efforts AFTER the show reaches the final episode. Surprise them! But to tell them up front that this is their goal as well as weight loss gives them an ulterior motive to vote someone off.

Just my thoughts…could be me reading to deep into things as usual.

No comments: