Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2007 NHL All Star Game - Dallas, Texas

2007 NHL All Star Game

What kind of hockey fan am I? It's not everyday that the NHL All Star game is in my backyard and yet I will be watching it on Versus on my DirecTV. I guess I don't feel too bad since it obviously isn't a big enough deal to be on local television. Worse yet, I hear that some people may not even be able to see the game because their local cable or satellite service may not carry the Versus channel (previously OLN).

I would have purchased tickets but 1) it's expensive, more so than a regular Stars' home game and 2) it's on a freaking weekday! I've read that they did it during the week because they couldn't compete with football on the weekend. Of course there is no pro football games on this weekend since the Super Bowl is next weekend but I guess the NHLAS planners didn't check their sports calendars very well. Probably wouldn't matter because I think even basketball (pro and college) would have higher viewership than the NHL All Star game. That really sucks!

Anyway, at least I know I will be able to watch it on television and read about how exciting it was to be there in the next days' Dallas Morning News.

No comments: