Monday, January 01, 2007

My new Schwinn mountain bike

The wife gave me a new bicycle for Christmas. I think I may have posted about my last one being stolen. If not, it was. Why anyone would want to steal my $59.99-Kmart special-borrowed-from-brother is beyond me. I think I also previously mentioned that someone stole the seat off it before someone else stole the whole bike. The seat I had on there though was from my wife's mountain bike that I bought her about a year ago. The seat was probably worth more than the Kmart special in its entirety.

Anyway, I got it the afternoon of Christmas Eve. We had plans that evening and then we had to hang with the wife's family from 12-4 on Christmas day. After that, we headed on our long ass jaunt to Illinois.

Today was the first time I was able to ride my new toy. I aired the tires, adjusted the seat and brakes and took it for a quick five minute spin around the block. It feels a little awkward to ride compared to the Kmart special but I think it may be because of the dual shocks on the new bike versus a stiffer street-style bike that was stolen. The shocks make the ride a little smoother if not somewhat "cushiony" if that's a word. Oh yeah, the new ride also has brakes that work. I had to stick my foot in the tire to slow or stop myself with the other bike. It's nice to not to have to do that anymore.

Anyhow, I know I'm a little freaky but I had to take some pictures of the new ride. The last time I had a new bike I was twelve years old and it was about twenty pounds heavier than this one. I think I'll enjoy this one as much and as long as I can.






No comments: