Sunday, January 28, 2007

Plunging the toilet


This is what I spent doing from about 9:30 p.m. Saturday until about 3 a.m. Sunday. I think when my nephew took a shit before he and I left around 7 p.m. to go eat at North Main BBQ he used too damn much toilet paper. I don't understand why people think the more toilet paper they wrap around their hand the better it is to wipe their ass but that's the only thing I can assume that caused it. Especially since he was in the can for a good thirty minutes.

The bad thing about my plumbing, which I'm sure it is with most house plumbing, is usually when my toilet gets stopped up the bathtub gets stopped up as well. Also, if I flush the toilet it will drain up through the piping of the bathtub and into the bathtub. What's fun about that is sometimes you get some nice toilet paper residue, ass shrapnel or anything that may have been washed down the kitchen sink drain after being chewed up in the garbage disposal.

So, the above pictures are (1)the toilet with plunger after one of my many plunger sessions and (2)the bathtub after one of the backups into it. Oh, and to answer the burning question...yes, I did get it unclogged. Well, I didn't. I called the emergency repair number for our rental real estate service and they sent out a plumber around 3 p.m. or so today. He had to get his "machine" and stick it through the - oh, I forget the term he used but anyway - "pipe" and rootered it. I saw a bunch of roots of the thin, stringy variety. At first I thought they were my wife and kid's hair from using the shower but after closer inspection, it really was thin, stringy roots.

So, that's the fun I had this weekend. Oh yeah, beside my kids getting the flu. All was good.

No comments: