Friday, April 20, 2007

Now the Dallas Stars are just teasing me...bastards!

I knew they'd do something to extend my pain and suffering.

It's like dangling the proverbial carrot in front of the horse. Just as I was conceding to their worthless playing and expecting them to bow out, they win..albeit in a overtime to further make us fans suffer from the anticipation of a win or a loss.

So, the Dallas Stars will face the Vancouver Canucks in Game 6 at American Airlines Center in Dallas, Texas.

Will they come through with what most fans are expecting (a loss) or will they make the nay-sayers eat their own doubts and push it to a deciding Game 7? Who knows for sure but even though I hate them right now for not doing much better in the series...I will watch them. My no-longer-a-fan bitterness will kick in if they lose either Game 6 or, if they're lucky enough, Game 7.

Lucky for me, I like the Dallas Mavericks and they're first game of round 1 playoffs starts Sunday. So, I have something to fall back on and a team to continue to support if the Stars let me down.

Oh, well...bed time.

Update: I found this picture on the official web site of the Canucks. They called it their "pic of the game". What they don't realize and the fucking refs didn't call is that this is a penalty. First of all, the guy (Hansen) obviously jumped in the air to make this hit. Second of all, you can see how he elbowed Sydor. Once again, the refs didn't call it but they were calling hooking penalties if you put a stick on the opponent for a split second. I think I'd rather be hooked than elbowed.

2 comments:

tougervang said...

That person in the picture seem like he really got hurt.

Jay said...

It did look pretty bad. #5, Darryl Sydor, was groggy afterwards but he got off the ice, to the bench and back into the locker room without incident. He then came back in the next period to continue to play. He's one tough cookie.