Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Clay Aiken

I'm home with both children sick. I didn't HAVE to take off from work but it seemed like a good day and a good excuse.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm about to post something on Clay Aiken. I think I'm getting my children's sickness!

I was checking my home email. I'm on this listserv for Wal-Mart.com. The sent something about 97-cent titles. I was thinking it was DVD titles but I was wrong. They were advertising/promoting Clay Aiken's new CD in Wal-Mart stores now!

Check out this link and be disturbed with me. Clay looks a lot different than his American Idol days but the destruction he has done to songs that should NEVER be remade by someone at such a low, low caliber is inexcusable. The worst is "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)" sung by Bryan Adams and now junked by Clay Aiken. No one, I mean, NO ONE can do this song after Bryan Adams. It's like sacrilegious. He also ruins Elton John's "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word" and Dolly Parton's "Here You Come Again."

I can't believe someone signed off on allowing him to butcher these songs.

No comments: