Monday, October 30, 2006

NFL, NBA, NHL, Tennis or whatever

I think that the league officials for any sport need to lighten up!

I am not a football fanatic. I like to watch good games...games with exciting catches and runs on the offense or awesome blocks or interceptions on the defense, just good plays all around.

I was flicking channels on football Sunday this past Sunday and I watched a few games. I can't remember which one it was but a running back had a damn good run and after he got tackled (out of bounds I might add) he placed the ball with an upward palm under the chin strap of the defender that tackled him. He got called for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Personally, I think that these guys put their bodies through serious impacts and risk of injury they deserve to be a braggert now and then. More examples are like back when they were show boating in the end zones after touchdowns or even when Terrell Owens did it on the Dallas Cowboys star at center field in Texas Stadium, I think they should be able to do that too!

I don't have a lot of examples for basketball but I think if you can break the backboard, you should be able to. The NBA makes plenty of money to replace a backboard now and again.

Although they consider tennis a gentleman's game, I think there should be allowed a little more gloating. I think tennis players don't gloat, not because of some rule, but it's just the way it's always been. I think times need to change. If you can kick the shit out of someone in a tennis match after you were an arrogant ass, I think you should do it. BUT, if you get your ass kicked, you will look more like a fool than an ass. Would this not make tennis more interesting to watch?

I could go on and on as usual but I'm about to watch Heroes. So, I'll shut my trap...for now.

No comments: