Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Testing blogging from Performancing in Firefox 2.0

I just downloaded and begin playing around with FireFox 2.0 for the first time.  I am a creature of habit and I hate to learn new things that is why I have always used IE but I read that this is a really cool browser.  Of course, I heard that IE7 is a very cool browser as well.  I will download later once my work lets me know that they will/can support it in case I need assistance with anything.

So far, the FF2 seems pretty interesting.  I have to get used to the tab browsing but I think I actually like it versus having multiple browser windows open separately.  I've downloaded some interesting add-ons/plug-ins like the AccuWeather, Performancing, FoxyTunes and a couple of others.  There are more I'd like to check out but it seems they haven't been updated to work with the new 2.0 version.

Right now I am testing posting a blog entry from the Performancing add-on.  It's got some built-in metrics for blogs so that will be cool to see how it works.  I already use a free stats place but if I can get it all in one place, that would be very beneficial like less usernames and passwords to remember.

So, I'll finish this test entry and will continue later if all works well.

Update: Well, I ran into my first problem.  I hit the "publish" button and it got some error stating it couldn't connect to the AtomServer.  I clicked to view blog and it got a bad request error page.  After that, the browser locked up.  I guess that's one problem with tabbed browsing and this seems like it will affect IE7 as well.  I had to Ctrl-Alt-Del and cancel the unresponsive program which in turn closes all tabbed sessions.  Sometimes in IE6, if I have more than one browser window open and one locks, I can Ctrl-Alt-Del and it will only close that particular browser window, not all of them.  Oh well, back to seeing if I can get it to work after restarting FF2.

Update 2: Well, hot damn! It worked.

No comments: