Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In the news 08/19/2008

From NBCOlympics.com
"I'm proud of my Mexican heritage," Cejudo said. "But I'm an American. It's the best country in the world. They call it the land of opportunity, and it is. Maybe if some other kid watches this, he can do the same." -- Henry Cejudo, US Olympic wrestler
Click here for as long as the article lasts.
Not only is this guy an Olympic gold medal winner he is smart. It's nice to see someone realize that you can be proud of what you were but it's better to praise what you have (can) become, legally, in America.

Unlike those other "Mexicans" a few months ago running around with Mexican flags saying, "Viva la Mexico," when they were trying to show that illegal immigrants were worth keeping in the U.S.A.

This all sounded better in my head when I was thinking and ranting internally!

Oh well.

No comments: