Friday, August 08, 2008

The Babysitters

One day a while ago I was browsing the movie catalog at Blockbuster online, which I do often. I usually end up putting some crazy-ass, freaky movie on my queue. When it comes in the mail and I start watching it, I almost always say, "What the fuck was I thinking?"

The Babysitters is nearly one of those movies. I don't remember how I came across it, maybe it was from having John Lequizamo or Cynthia Nixon's name in the search parameters. I don't recall for sure.

It had lot of "artsy" previews before the movie so I'm assuming it's from one of those companies that puts out "weird" movies like Focus Features. If you ever get a film from FF, be prepared to watch a strange but sometimes entertaining movie except for ones like Lost in Translation. No matter what anyone says, that movie blew huge donkey dicks. If I recall it (barely), the best part in that movie was when Scarlett Johansson was on the bed in her panties. That could be a different movie because I've seen so many that the ones I dislike I tend to forget or run them together with others I dislike.

Anyway, this was an interesting movie. A bit slow and Risky Business-ish but worth watching if someone you know rented or owns it for some godforsaken reason!

No comments: