Sunday, August 17, 2008

My nephew's wedding

We attended one of my nephew's wedding today. It was at The Country Abbey in Justin, Texas. And when they say, 'Country,' it really is countrified out there in Justin. I heard they have one cop and he likes to give tickets. Justin really isn't that far from Dallas. It's about 45 minutes, maybe an hour, at the most and just outside but between Denton and Ft Worth. It's definitely a little bit country. We should have known it was really redneck-y when we had to drive around Texas Motor Speedway to get to this place.

It was an okay wedding. They should have hired me to DJ their reception but their loss. Instead they used the brides iPod. Not much dancing went on but I guess that's what you'd expect at a reception inside/next to a used-to-be chapel/church. They could have planned a little better and rented out some other place or something and got their 'real' party on. I did get a call a few hours later that they were going to Pockets in Euless.

It was nice of them to offer but I won't be making it. First, I was already home in Dallas. Second, I have young children that I can't just leave or pawn off on someone at a moment's notice. Third, I'm sure there were going to be the scum-sucking family members that I have disowned and avoided for almost three years now and I don't feel like "hanging" out with THEM.

That's one of the reasons we were contemplating whether or not to attend Robbie's wedding. I've no reason to see these people ever again - yes, these are my brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews. I don't dislike all of my nieces and nephews but most of them and all of my siblings. They are scum and they do not deserve to know me or my family. And as a father, it is my duty to protect my children from as many bad people in the world, especially when I know exactly who they are since they are my family! Longer story shortened, we decided to attend because my children asked if they could go. They understand, to an extent, what has transpired for us to distance ourselves from the 'scums of Euless.'

Well, before I get to ranting too long, the main point of the post is The Country Abbey isn't an abbey at all and it wasn't really ran very well overall. So, if you are thinking about it, I would think twice about it no matter what the testimonials say. You could rent ANY available hotel conference room or something of the like and do just as well.

No comments: