Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I may have mentioned it before but college sucks!

I may have mentioned it before but college sucks!

This morning bright and early at 8 a.m. I started my first test in my operations management class. And boy was it a doosie! The damn thing was at least 7 pages long (I didn’t exactly count to make sure). It was only 13 questions long but each question was multi-part except for 5 questions that were multiple-choice.

I’m pretty confident I did well on all the questions except for one...because I didn’t even get a chance to answer it. I just went blank. I couldn’t believe that I couldn’t think of how to work the problem. I knew it was fairly simple but it just didn’t come to me. I thought and thought and thought and then the professor says, “You guys have about 5 minutes.” WHAT!? I knew right then I was screwed! That one question was worth 15 pts alone. So, I automatically start my grade at an 85. How great is that?

The problem wasn’t difficult but as mentioned I went blank. I did get home and was able to check my book and practice homework to see what I needed to do. It turns out the problem was just like one that the TA worked in our review session Monday night. That’s fucking great! I fucked up on a problem that I actually worked a little over 24 hours beforehand.

Thus, I can be labeled a complete DUNCE! Sheesh!

Oh well, I guess we’ll see how it goes when I get my expected disappointing grade. One positive is that she weighs our two highest exams at 80% and the lowest exam will constitute 10% of our grade. So, this could be my 10%. The last 10% is based off class attendance, participation, and quizzes.

(Thumbs crossed)

Sent via MS Outlook

No comments: