Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The Snowman dieth

Before there was The Fast and the Furious, there was Smokey and the Bandit.

I was a young-un when I saw the first Bandit movie. I took every opportunity I could when we went to the grocery store (Safeway, back then), KMart or some other store that carried toys.

I always looked for the black Firebird Pontiac Trans Am with T-tops.

A couple of more pics here and here.


I don't know how many times I pretended that I was the Bandit and making jumps, spin arounds, and burn outs. I would play in the build my own "towns" out of cardboard, playing cards or in the dirt.

I had the diesel that the Snowman drove as well. I think the die cast vehicles came as a set because I remember having Buford T Justices patrol car, as well.

It was such a great time that I remember playing with ALL my Hot Wheels vehicles. Sometimes I wonder what ever happens to that vivid imagination I (we all) once had. I know it's there somewhere but just hidden under all that adult responsibility stuff. Ha!

Anyway before I get too off track. I'm sure all know already from your own little local news feed but Jerry Reed, aka Snowman, has died. I only saw him in one or two other movies, although I cannot recall their names, and a few times I saw Jerry sing on some television shows, again the names of which escape me.

So, in honor of the Snowman, please see the quick video of some random video clips from Smokey and the Bandit.



No comments: