Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I'm as soft as bruised fruit...NOT!

This past weekend the kids and the neighbor kids decided to invite me to play some "football" in the open lot on the street that just happens to be next to our house.

It's been a while since I hung out with all the kids and thrown the ball or played "football." I quote football because the ages range from 4 to 13 years old. It's a modified version as all yard games are but it's still fun for the kiddos.

About fifteen minutes in, I was running to two-below one of the older kids and the unexpected happened. I ran to a section of the lot where there just happened to be a cut down small tree or big bush root protruding from the ground, hidden among mowed iris plants. I nailed this root with the right foot at a pretty decent pace. I kicked it so hard that I uprooted it and it shot out in front of me before I took a small flight from where the impact occurred to the cement driveway of the neighbors house. I landed on my right shoulder as well as braced (somewhat) my fall with the left hand. This is the wound, slightly healed that I got from a stick jabbing me in the palm of my hand. Good times.

Anyway, it was funny but painful. I will see if I can find the culprit root and take a picture of it. Just because if I can, I can.

No comments: