Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Please use UPPER and LOWER case letters

I am a web editor/database manager in the campus office for which I work. We have this information request form that at the very beginning of the form says in BIG, BOLD, RED letters, "Please use UPPER and LOWER case letters".

And yet I still get nimrods and morons using all caps or all smalls. You would think these ignoramuses would realize that they are basically filling out a mailing label for them to receive information in the postal mail. But noooooooo...these people are dipsticks!

What's even worse is occasionally I'll get someone that uses all upper case for the three fields of Firstname, Middlename and Lastname and then they'll fill the address lines correctly. Or vice versa.

These people need to share whatever the hell it is that they are smoking!

Now, most of these people are foreign. I say "foreign" in the sense that they are either in another country or they have been in the US for, say, two years or less. I can let it go for the first but not the latter. If you've been here for 1-2 years, you should know what the hell UPPER and LOWER case means. Hell, I shouldn't even have to spell it out for you!

So, I have to clean these people's information before creating the mailing label. Which infuriates me to no end. I wish I could just select their name and delete them from the database. Because once a moron, always a moron!

Another reason why I should not own a gun!

No comments: