Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Nearing burn out

I'm taking an economics class this fall term. Yes. It's just one class. Shut up!

I'm not burning out from taking class. I'm burning out from class being stretched over 3 1/2 to 4 months! Not just this class, but ANY class.

Yes, I did bitch about my summer class being every day, two hours a day for thirty days but at least it was done in thirty days. Actually, it was more like twenty-two.

I'm a bitcher and complainer about college. Deal with it!

Anyway, I think they should split the traditional two-term (fall/spring) semesters into four semesters. So the fall semester is split into two and ditto for the spring. Econ I taken in early fall term and Econ II taken in late fall term. That way people are done sooner AND the classes don't drag on and on and on and on....

Simple, right?!

Of course, if it is a campus like the one I work for, it's all about the money. So, four semesters would mean that the school is getting the same amount of money (basically) but in a shorter amount of time. So, instead of an undergrad degree taking the traditional four years. Theoretically, it could be completed in two years. This means that the university gets money over two years instead of four years.

Is this good or bad? I guess it depends. In my eyes, it would be good for me as a student to get done quicker. It also allows a student to have enjoyed a class instead of reaching mid-term burn out and wishing the class that used to be fun and/or interesting would just die an untimely death!

I guess I'd better get to studying for my test that I have tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. I haven't studied and I am not feeling very confident about getting a decent grade. I'm shooting for 70. It's passing and I'll take it.

So, now I'm going to study...no, I'm not...yes, I am...no, I am not...yes, I am.

See my dilemma?!

No comments: