Thursday, August 05, 2010

Fraggle Rock

This is a little, okay a lot, late but I have been very busy! In fact, I originally saw this for sale back on June 24th.

Anyway, Fraggle Rock, are you old enough to remember it or were you young enough to watch it? I was probably around 10 or 11 years old. I remember seeing it on cable. You know, the cable back in the day (Storer Cable it was called) where you had a push-button type box that had a three rows of numbers (pic). I would see this show come on, randomly to me as I never paid attention the exact day and time it would broadcast, and I couldn't turn the channel. It's like I was being mind-melded to watch the show if I caught a glimpse of it.

I thought it was an entertaining show. It was a step up in a sense from Sesame Street. The character stand-outs to me were Red and then the Doozers. I recall a few others but they don't stick out as much as these characters.

What reminded me of the show back in June was I saw a deal for the series on DVD (for sale here). I saved the link to post about it and then things got hectic.

I'm not sure if this is a show my kids would like to see as they are a few years older now than I was when I first saw the show. It could go either way really but it's not worth a $70 experiment.

For others, it might be some good nostalgia to reflect upon one's childhood memory.


No comments: