Friday, August 13, 2010

Monogamy or Polygamy?

Is it wrong to be married and look at other women? How about wanting more than a look? How about a want and desire, even a sexual encounter?

Who says that this is wrong? The Bible? The church? The law? How was it that in ancient times there were some cultures that were polygamist and it didn't screw the whole world up? Or did it? Who the hell really knows?

It's tough for me to understand why people think we were created to be monogamist when there are so many beautiful women - and men if you like them - to chose from. Why is it that it's okay to buy yourself a car and trade up to a nicer, "younger" model before it dies but you can't do the same with a wife/husband without being looked upon badly? Isn't it all about having the newer, nicer model? Is it wrong to compare my wife to an automobile?

Now don't get me wrong. I love my wife dearly and think she is very beautiful. I made a vow to her and I will keep this vow. Not because of God or anyone else but because I made a promise to her that she would be my all, my everything! That's just the way I am. I give my word. I keep my word. Now, if she relinquished my leash and told me to go have fun, that's another story.

It just seems to me that there are too many "beautiful," wonderful and intelligent women/men in the world for it to be "normal" to want to be with one woman/man for the rest of your life. But most of us seem to follow this creed, including myself.

Oh well!


No comments: