Monday, January 03, 2011

Dammit! My ASUS G50VT-X5 crashed!

Sunday night I woke about 2 a.m. to a clicking noise. It was consistent and constant.

I walked toward the restroom in our bedroom which requires me to pass by my desk with my notebook. This is where the clicking was coming from...the ASUS notebook. Someone reviewed/photographed it here.

Dammit again!

I purchased this machine from Best Buy roughly a year ago and I was smart enough to get a service agreement on it. I'm not sure if they will replace the hard drive, probably not...more than likely not.

I've spent the past couple of hours trying to restore it to a Hitachi 500 GB notebook drive. It's taking a long time. I've reinstalled it the software twice and have yet to get to a final boot screen or a login screen.

I'm getting frustrated. Pissed off.

That's why I think it might be a Best Buy Geek Squad thing. If it's not taking to the drive as simply as running the install disk, there's got to be something more wrong, right?

Anyway, I've been waiting about 20 minutes now and I am still seeing the green vertical lines scrolling across the bar in the boot up sequence, thinga-majob.

I'm going to throw it...okay, not really but I feel like it.


That's all I got to say about that!
 

No comments: