Monday, January 10, 2011

Some of the greatest songs, in my opinion

At work, I'm listening to a stream on WinAmp called 181.FM -- Classic Hits -- Home of the 60s and 70s. I thought I'd find some station that doesn't play the same old "new" shit every 10-15 minutes. The songs of today are bad in the sense that they are repetitive themselves and then the radio station repeats them multiple times within an hour. This in turn makes me annoyed.

So, I looked for diversity at work. I found it in 181.FM. It repeats some songs as well but the songs themselves aren't repetitive with their lyrics so it makes them way more tolerable. Also, they sometimes flash me back to times through my life.

Anyway, I heard a few songs that made me think that they are timeless. Songs that have been passed from generation to generation and still hold their own to the "music" of today. Here is a list of what I've heard and consider somewhat timeless and great songs (I also added songs from the 80s just because I can).
  • When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge
  • Kokomo by The Beach Boys
  • Black Water by The Doobie Brothers
  • Hot Blooded by Foreigner
  • Double Vision by Foreigner
  • Blinded by the Light by Manfred Man
  • Bennie and the Jets by Elton John
  • Tequila Sunrise by The Eagles
  • Lyin' Eyes by The Eagles
  • Hotel California by The Eagles
  • Take It to the Limit by The Eagles
  • One Way Or Another by Blondie
  • Rock'n Me by Steve Miller Band
  • Fly Like An Eagle by Steve Miller Band
  • Abracadabra by Steve Miller Band
  • Babe by Styx
  • Get Down Tonight by KC & The Sunshine Band
  • That's The Way (I Like It) by KC & The Sunshine Band
  • (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty by KC & The Sunshine Band
  • Wheel in the Sky by Journey
  • Open Arms by Journey
  • Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' by Journey
  • Anyway You Want It by Journey
  • Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
  • Who's Crying Now by Journey
  • Separate Ways by Journey
  • Faithfully by Journey
  • Send Her My Love by Journey
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger by The Police
  • King of Pain by The Police
  • Roxanne by The Police
  • Every Breath You Take by The Police
  • Still of the Night by Whitesnake
  • Here I Go Again by Whitesnake
There are plenty more but these are the ones that I've heard and have popped off the top of my head within the past 10-15 minutes of typing this. Besides, I think I should get back to work for a while.

No comments: