Saturday, August 27, 2005

Bachelor party!

Tonight is Shawn's bachelor party.  It kind of was a quick plan thing.  I didn't plan it but was told that we were going out tonight about 3-4 days ago by Shawn.  Ain't that funny?  Basically, I was going to take Shawn to Speedzone or something.   He was cool with that.  It's kind of like a go-cart on steroids place.  It's got a slick track, a grand prix track and drag racers; the dragsters are on a track so you can't fly off or anything but I hear they go 0-60 in like 7 seconds.

Anyway, Shawn mentioned this to his brother, Bryan, and he said, "No way dude!  My wife said I can go to a nudie bar and I'm going to, that's where we are going!"  Shawn then told Rob, the co-best man, about the options and he said, "Hell yeah dude but I need to see bush so we are going to ALL nude!" These two guys crack me up!  They are married and they NEED to pay minimum $20 cover fee to go and see this shit!  But, I guess that's what we are doing.

We'll probably go eat beforehand at Hooter's in downtown Dallas.  There are a few other Hooter's in the general area but I've almost always gone to the downtown one.

I say that I didn't plan this because it's been such a shotgun notice of my notice of groomsman to best man.  I was going to take Shawn to a Dallas Stars hockey game and probably eat at Hooter's beforehand because it's right down the street from the American Airlines Center where the Stars play.  Of course, hockey pre-season doesn't start until two weeks after the wedding!  I figured Shawn would have like the game and eating more than the nude bar.  The nude bar probably costs more than the food and game would.

Well, I have to go get the pizza the wife ordered for her and the kids before I leave.  The gang is supposed to be over here around 6:30 p.m. and it's 6:09 p.m. now.  I guess I'd better get dressed too.  Sucks for me having to get ready for shit!  Pain in my ass to be a friend!

No comments: