Monday, August 01, 2005

Could I be fired for what I did at work today?

I don't think so but anything IS possible.

About two weeks ago, Steve was listening to some "interesting" music in his office. Not my taste but something I could listen to once...or never. I think it was something like a soundtrack because I did see one CD that was the soundtrack to "Victor, Victoria". He also handed me a CD of the 20 or 50 most popular TV theme songs. I told you it was interesting music.

We were talking about how the head boss of our office doesn't particularly favor Steve's music selections. So, I came up with this idea to run a speaker from Steve's office to Marci's office (the boss boss) about 30 feet away to play the music from his computer into her office. I finally came across all the equipment I needed to do this after going through a few of my boxes after the move to the new place.

Anyway, I was running some speaker cable this afternoon above the ceiling tiles after lunch and people started asking questions. Of course, Steve only told one person, Vicki—his good friend in the office, and she told everyone after we began running the wire. It would have been better if no one knew except for me and Steve but I guess we can't have everything our way all the time.

We set the speaker right above her desk resting on a ceiling tile. We tested and it works like a charm!

Marci is out of the office until tomorrow or Wednesday but we can't wait to see how she reacts. It would be good for her to come out of the office wondering where the music was coming from and no one having a clue as to what she was talking about. But instead, she'll come out and ask someone and they will know and the surprise will be lost because they'll crack and tell her.

It would be funny to video her reaction once she started hearing the music in her office as well. Alas, the anticipation will probably be more exciting than the actual event but it's all in fun.

We'll see if I can get my long, extension speaker wire out of the "attic" after she fires me. LOL!

No comments: