Sunday, July 31, 2005

DOGMA

I purchased the Dogma DVD the other day. I think this movie is hilarious. I still didn't want to spend too much money on it, though. I thought about burning a copy but then at Fry's Electronics they had a sale on DVDs and Dogma was going for $5.99. Booyah! It was mine!

A few memorable quotes I like from them movie are:
(Rated R for language, beware! Also if you get double numbers when viewing. Sorry. Damn HTML ordered list command isn't showing correctly when I publish the post so I had to add the numbers manually!)
  1. Snootch to the motherfuckin' nootch!
  2. It's usually 'Long Rufus' but it's a little cold out here, ya know?
  3. Oh, I'm Jay, and this is my hetero-lifemate Silent Bob. I don't know who those kids were, but they would've kicked yours and Lunchbox's asses if I hadn't represented.
  4. I give you... The Buddy Christ.
  5. Hell, the tubby coat-wearin' motherfucker's got tits, that damn sure doesn't make him a woman.
  6. Dude, I know they were just kids, but we kicked their fucking pube-less asses.
  7. No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater... than central air.
  8. You want to hear something sick? I got half a stock when she kissed me.
  9. We call this piece the Fecalator. One look at it and the target shits him or herself.
  10. Mary gave birth to CHRIST without having known a man's touch, that's true. But she did have a husband. And do you really think he'd have stayed married to her all those years if he wasn't getting laid? The nature of God and the Virgin Mary, those are leaps of faith. But to believe a married couple never got down? Well, that's just plain gullibility.
  11. The humans have besmirched everything bestowed on them. They were given Paradise, they threw it away. They were given this planet, they destroyed it. They were favored best among all His endeavors, and some of them don't even believe He exists. And in spite of it all, He's shown them infinite fucking patience at every turn. What about us? I asked you... once to lay down the sword because I felt sorry for them. What was the result? Our expulsion from Paradise. WHERE WAS HIS INFINITE FUCKING PATIENCE THEN? IT'S NOT RIGHT, IT'S NOT FAIR. We've paid our debt. Don't you think it's time? Don't you think its time we went home? and to do that, I think we have to dispatch of our would-be dispatchers.
  12. Do you know what makes a human being decent? Fear. And therein lies the problem. None of you has anything left to fear anymore. You rest comfortably in seats of inscrutable power, hiding behind your false idol, far from judgment, lives shrouded in secrecy even from one another. But not from God.
  13. White folks only want to hear the good shit: life eternal, a place in God's Heaven. But as soon as they hear
    they're getting this good shit from a black Jesus, they freak. And that, my friends, is called hypocrisy. A black man can steal your stereo, but he can't be your Savior.
  14. You can't be anal-retentive if you don't have an anus.
  15. You knew Jesus? [Rufus] Knew him? Shit... Nigga owes me twelve bucks.
Okay, I guess that's a little bit of quote overkill. I got a little bit carried away!

No comments: