Sunday, July 03, 2005

A relaxing day, so far

Haven't done much today. Sat around thinking about packing some of my shit in my computer room and then deciding I'd much rather play some computer games.

My nephew, James Michael, was over. He hasn't come over in a long time. My kids love him to death because when he was in high school about 2-3 years ago, he'd come over to our place just about every weekend. He'd hang out with his cool uncle and his cooler cousins even though they are half his age. He would play with them and run around with them and they loved it. It was nice to have him around to help me move stuff or just hang out and do guy things - you know, play video games, watch stupid-funny movies like Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, play laser tag in the woods near our place...basically whatever "grown-up" boys do. And we still made time for my kids to jump on us like we were human trampolines. It was all fun!

Anyway, he had come back with us after we had driven out on Saturday to run some errands in Euless after I got back from playing tennis and helping a friend set up his computer to his DSL connection (which hadn't been connected on SBC's side yet so it was all for not). The kids wanted to go to my parents' house to see my brothers and their cousins. So, I took them for the drive because I'm such a great dad!

We stopped by TCBY (The Country's Best Yogurt) by our place before leaving to get them some rainbow ice cream then we headed to Euless. I also had to stop by my other brother's house to get his computer to work on. He's been having some troubles with the dinosaur and I had already looked at it before but this time I was going to reinstall the factory software for him. He was going camping with his wife and kid so he left me the key. I got the computer and then went to my parents' house where my two other brothers live. The oldest brother was asleep. It was about 5:30 p.m. I assumed he was resting before he goes out. His kid, David and my children's cousin, that still is underage and lives at home was watching television in his room and playing video games and my other nephew, James Michael, was there as well. He had driven over in his mother's van. My other brother was at work still.

We hung out for just a few minutes and then decided to go to my sister's house - the mother of the James Michael - because I wanted to borrow a few DVD movies they had that I hadn't seen yet. We drive over and the wife tells me, "we aren't staying long!" She always says that. I don't know what her deal is! I never do that to her...anymore, anyways. LOL! Nowadays I go and then when I get bored I tell her I'd like to go. Simple as that!

Anyhow, we got there and my sister was sitting at her computer as she always is and her husband was watching television in their living room about to eat his dinner. He had probably just gotten home from work. He usually works Monday to Sunday from like 6 a.m.-5 p.m. with the rare occasional Sunday off. Anyway, they hadn't seen my wife in some time because usually when I go to their house I have the kids because my wife is out working or at a play with a friend. My sister actually got up from the computer and came into the living room with us to talk. See, miracles are possible! LOL! My niece has a son that my kids usually play with when they are over there but he was out of town with his mother so he missed seeing and playing with them. I think he's like 4 or 5 yrs old where as my kids are 8 and 6. But they get along pretty well and have a blast playing.

"We aren't staying long" turned into about an hour. It was a pretty good visit. We just shot the shit and all. My kids asked James Michael if he could/would come over and he actually did. They were SO excited. He's off from work for some time so he came to hang out. They love him, his time and his attention so much. It's really kind of sad to watch as people get older and things change. He grew up and he wants to hang out more with his friends and such but they still see him as the "fun" cousin! One more way life screws people over! Oh well, we move on I guess.

So...I got up early this morning to watch the Men's 2005 Wimbledon Championship Finals. It was such a disappointment. It was between Roger Federer and Andy Roddick. I don't even think Andy completely showed up for the match. American men tennis players are such a disappointment these days. The Bryan twins, Bob and Mike, lost the doubles championships to a couple of qualifiers.

American athletes are going down the tubes—yes, I generalize!

I'm outta here!

No comments: