Sunday, July 03, 2005

Can't think of a good title...

The sister-in-law came over again today. They were going to swim and almost didn't because my wife and her sister were being pretty lazy. I was too but I had to play a hockey game at 7 p.m. and didn't want to tire myself. Around 5 p.m, they finally took the kids to swim. James Michael was still at my place and the kids asked him to go and he eventually did. I would have but I had to leave for my hockey game around 6 p.m. and if I swam it would tire my legs which would have been no good for my roller hockey game.

I was getting my stuff together around 5:50 p.m. and my wife calls on my cell phone telling me the kids want me to see them dive before I leave. So, I walk about a block to the pool, taking my camera with me. I get there and they are all excited and get out of the pool ready to dive from the side into the deep end. This is why people should have kids: the pure excitement and joy they express at the little and big things. Anyway, after about 20 minutes of snapping pictures of the kids, I told them I had to get on my way to my game. It was about 6:20 p.m. now and the rink is about 15-20 minutes away depending on the traffic.

James Michael decides he wants to go with me so we get all my stuff together, jump in my Jeep and are on our way when I realize I have a voice mail. I check my vmail while I'm about to get on the highway service road and it's the coach of the team I play on. Turns out, the team we were playing forfeited. It is Fourth of July weekend so I'm sure they had a tough time with people showing. Not a problem for me. I am more than willing to take an easy win. With this win, we are automatically into the final championship game on Thursday the 7th. That'll be almost two weeks I haven't skated. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I turn my Jeep around and we unload all the stuff and go back into my place.

Now, I am supposed to play in another game at 10 p.m. for my Over30A league team but I don't think I'm going to play. It's about 9:30 p.m. right now and I don't feel like getting out. If I was already there, it would have been different. Also, I don't much like playing with that team. It's nice to play on a team with my brother and friend but the other guys aren't reliable and they don't know how to play as a team. They don't pass. They want to be one-man gangs and try to win it all on their own. That's why we were 2 wins, 5 losses and 1 tie — the worst team in the four-team league. Lucky thing there are only four teams, so we all made the playoffs which is what this game is tonight - the second game of the playoffs. Remember I missed the first one because I was in the ER with my brother.

Anyhoo, needless to say I made the executive decision to not go. Instead, I'll stay up until around midnight to rest up for tomorrow at my friend Keith's for a Fourth of July cookout and swim party.

No comments: