Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sunglasses of the future


I remember these glasses came out back in the 80s. I don't recal what movie promoted the creation but they were everywhere. I think I was in junior high and they started selling these at Six Flags Over Texas right next to the "Risky Business" RayBans. Oh, the choices we had to make back then - be like Joel Goodson or Lt. Geordi La Forge.

Somehow my older brother acquired a pair of these and I would try to snag them anytime I could. I look back now and I know they didn't make me look any cooler than I already am but I still had to have a pair because most everyone else did. It was short lived for me though because the lenses touched my eyelashes and it bugged the hell out me when that happened. Plus, it was getting harder to sneak them from my bro.

Anyway, I guess that wasn't as interesting as I originally thought. I just came across this picture on the web and it reminded me about these glasses.

I'll go put my head in the ground now like an ostrich!

No comments: