Monday, July 25, 2005

With family like this, who needs enemies

Shawn and I were having an IM conversation the other day and he asked me about my DSL connection at home when I moved. His brother, Bryan, works at SBC and was asking him (Shawn) about when he moves to let him know because he could see about getting him some deals or whatever. Shawn asked me for my DSL number to forward onto Bryan to see if Bryan could get me any bonus stuff or whatever.

I stopped by Shawn's office today and asked him what Bryan came up with.

He got bonuses all right and he told Shawn not to tell me.

Turns out, Bryan couldn't do anything for me but he did get some benefits for himself. Apparently, SBC has some internal program for employees that gives them bonus cash if they help customer service calls that come in or can tie their names to the help calls. Bryan told Shawn that some guy in his office made like an extra $30K last year from this program. So, of course, the dollar signs blink over Bryan's head as his eyes glaze over before he starts thinking about who he knows has DSL through SBC. Bryan is all about the money...for himself that is!

He made like $70 off me. So I told Shawn to tell Bryan that I want half or I'm going to call SBC and tell them that I never spoke with Bryan and don't even know who he is. I don't care that he gets this money it's just how his method was shady. I wouldn't expect anything different from that family either.

Another Bryan moment about "his" money... Shawn lives in the same complex that I did and he has to vacate as well. He is trying to buy a house with his fiancee so he's still there for now.

Anyway, he tells Bryan about not having to clean up the apartment like one would normally do before moving out because no one else is moving in so they should get all of the $500 deposit back. The cogs start spinning in Bryan's little brain and he tells Shawn, "Cool, so I can get that $500 when you get it right because that's my money? I paid the deposit." Perturbed, Shawn says, "Yes, Bryan you did pay the deposit and you'll get your money."

Something like five years Bryan hasn't lived with Shawn and Theresa and yet he still wants "his" money. Money hoarders! What's the point? He hasn't seen that $500 for over five years and he hasn't needed it either. Between him and his wife, they make over $100k/year. What is $500? Stupid people.

It's been a few days or so since Bryan wanted to ensure he got his $500 from Shawn. Shawn has heard about that $500 from Bryan every day since the first mention of it.

With family and friends like this, who really needs enemies? I guess they could be an added bonus!

No comments: