Friday, July 15, 2005

A punk-ass nephew and other stories of the day

As previously mentioned in another post, my nephew James Michael offered to help us move but then bailed on us the day of without even making an excuse as to why he wasn't going to help.

I stopped by my parents' house this evening. I had to take the nephew, David, that did help me and has been helping me since in some form or fashion home to get his pills refilled. He has very bad skin allergies. He can touch a cat hair and he will break out in a rash. It's a tough thing, I'm sure, to deal with because he's always got rash and scabs. A lot of it also has to do with him being a "picker" - a person who picks the scabs off wounds or sores because it's fun. LOL!

Anyway, his father - my oldest brother - lives in my parents' house since they have passed on. I refer to the house as my parents' because that is what it is and will always be:  my parents' house. My brother "maintains" it and lives there with another brother the third-born son as well as my oldest brother's middle and youngest children.

You still with me?

James Michael and David hang out sometimes playing video games or frisbee golf. James Michael is going to be 21 in November and David is 16. They have been close for years so they have similar interests and David sort of looks up to James Michael as the 'cool' cousin since they became teenagers. Usually James Michael will hang out at my parents' house just to hang out because his parents' house sucks! That's according to him. I guess he doesn't get spoken to about laying around doing nothing at my parents' house like he does his but it's not like it does any good. They yell at him and he continues to sleep and bum around. Always has and he probably always will in some form.

Well, tonight, James Michael wasn't anywhere to be found at my parents' house and they hadn't seen him for a few days. I'm sure he's trying to avoid the odd chance that he may run into me. I have thought many times about how I want to lay into his ass about what a piece of crap he is but then I figure why waste my time. It isn't going to matter. It never has. He's finally come to terms that he's worthless trailer trash like his sister and a couple of other cousins and/or family members. It must be genetic.

I talk with my brother and nephew, Robbie, about James Michael bailing on me. Robbie tells me that the Thursday day James Michael did have to work because he took him there. Thursday night he was over my parents' house and slept overnight. Friday he WAS at my parents' when we called to see if he was coming to help. In fact, Robbie said they went to play frisbee golf together on Friday. They don't know for sure what he did on Saturday or Sunday but he was around and probably could have helped me if he knew what respect was.

All this just pissed me off more. As mentioned, it's not the fact that he didn't help. It's the fact that he emphatically said he would be there for us and he wasn't! Add that to the fact he obviously bailed on me because he had "fun" things to do, pisses me off even more especially after all the shit I have done out of family love for his ass! Well, no more! He's on the "don't give a shit about" list now.

So moving on...my brother (#4 born) was over there tonight with his boy. He was trying to get a form of his employer's web page to fill out because he's getting a promotion or something. He called my cell phone while we were on our way out and I told him I would be there shortly to help him out. The form downloads only in PDF or DOC format. On his machine at home, he doesn't have MS Office or Adobe Reader. I told him how he needed to progress and the oldest brother gave him an install CD of MS Office 2000 premium edition to install MS Word.

His boy was playing with my kids and he didn't want to leave. He's got this pouting thing he does when he doesn't get his way. He makes a pout face and crosses his arms and won't talk to anyone or give them a hug good-bye. I always make him and he doesn't like it. Cracks me up because he's just like his father and the problems my bro is going to have with him when he grows up is funny to think about now.

Well, I guess that's the uninteresting/interesting things of the day. I've got to get back to setting up my computer room. I'm having withdrawals from not being able to play games or surf the net on my desktop in the comforts of my own chair at my own desk.

No comments: