Wednesday, July 20, 2005

...Continue with friend background

This is a continuation of this post

To make a longer story shorter, he basically started kicking me to the curb in hopes of getting laid. Granted I can see his need and desire but I would never shaft a friend over the poonani. Never have. Never will. And all my friends and family can vouch for that, even my wife will!

Anyway, I was getting tired of putting out all the effort and not getting the respect I deserved from being a great, long-term friend. I kept telling him I was kicking him to the curb but he didn't believe me and neither did my wife. I was serious but she would invite him here and there on occasion. I stopped inviting him to my family and other friends' get togethers because to me I believed he hadn't earned the respect and courtesy anymore.

I'm a bitter person, ask anyone that knows me well.

A girl, named Theresa, that used to work with my wife, ended up getting her job after my wife quit and then she became friends with Shawn. Due to certain circumstances, she ended up moving in with him and his brother.

Years passed and secrets were kept - mainly his from us. We've always shared everything...Shawn, the wife and me...but he had become secretive and dishonest. Turns out he had been boinking Theresa for years by the time he came clean. We assume he was embarrassed or something. I guess we'll never really know. We do know that the sex was convenient for both of them although her sexual partners probably doubled, even tripled, his partners.

We tried to help them find out what they wanted to do with their relationship because he really wasn't sure, at least that's what he told us while telling her something else. I know from knowing Shawn for such a long time that Theresa is not the type of girl he desired or ever wanted. Shawn had this image of his "perfect" girlfriend and bride and Theresa definitely wasn't anywhere close to it!

Shawn and I have still communicated with each other and done things like the occasional roller hockey game—he joined the Over30B league that I joined some years ago but got on another team and then we were on a team in another league and so on and so on.

So, to finally cut things short, they are getting married in September 2005. MISTAKE!

Theresa and my wife on the other hand have not been in communication with each other since the outing of their relationship and not knowing what they wanted to do. At that time, Theresa said she loved Shawn and Shawn told us he didn't love her but then Theresa would say that Shawn told her he did love her.

That's the kind of lies and fantasies I couldn't handle with them anymore.

Anyway, I kept in communication with Shawn because we do have a lot of history together but I just didn't consider him a friend I would give my pinky finger for anymore. We're friends. We're cordial. We have the occasional good time or lunch together but other than that I don't care what he does with his life and I don't care how those decisions affect him. We tried to give him(them) help but they didn't want it, so that's the gist of it. We're friends with history but not close friends anymore.

Well, I got some interesting news the other day. He wanted to go to lunch. I was wondering what was up but it's not like we haven't gone to lunch once in a while before. We had lunch at Taco Bell and discussed random things but nothing of extreme interest or out of the ordinary. I was dropping him off in front of his building on the way to mine - yes, I was driving as always - and he asked me if I would be in his wedding. I'm assuming as a groom's man but he wasn't exactly clear what he wanted me to be in his wedding. He mentioned his brother, Bryan, had asked who was the best man. Shawn joke there would be four bachelor parties, assuming from four groomsmen, and the best party giver would be the best man. I don't know about me giving him a bachelor party but I told him I'd be in his wedding.

Again, I don't know exactly what he meant by "be in my wedding" but I guess I'll find out. It is only July. I guess it wasn't as weird as I initially thought when he asked because, as mentioned, we have a lot of history. Because of this history and we are still "friends," I will agree to be in his wedding.

If it requires me to pay for anything or do anything, I may have to drop out. I didn't make anyone in my wedding party, Shawn included, do anything but come and get fitted for the tux. I picked up the tab for all my groomsmen.

So, anyway that was the "big" news. We'll see how things go. I'm sure I'll post about it.

No comments: