Saturday, July 02, 2005

A long, busy day

Man, I am tired today but will probably be up late as always.

I got up at 7 a.m. today to play tennis. I played from about 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. in 90 degrees in the morning and about 99 degrees from 11 a.m. on.

I ran out of water in my water jug around 10:30 a.m. Sucked!

After tennis, I went to my friend Keith's to help him set up his DSL connection. Scrooge the tight wad is finally coming into the 20th century! He's been on dial up with Everyone's Internet because he's a cheap ass! But he finally saw a deal for SBC Yahoo DSL for $14.95/mo for the year and decided to take the challenge.

I can understand how $10/mo for him to check his email and the occasional surfing is enough but I told him once he goes DSL he won't want to go back. He did mention he was tired of waiting for the dial up browsing. LOL!

Anyhow, he did buy me lunch — a Sonic burger with tater tots so I couldn't complain too much.

Turns out his DSL connection wasn't completely set up on the SBC side so I couldn't do much other than hook up his modem and filters. I'd see him again in two days for the Fourth of July party but whether or not it would be hooked up because there is Sunday and then a holiday is the question. We'll see.

I was supposed to stop by my brother's house on the way home to work on his computer but I played so late and it took so long at Keith's that I didn't want to piss the wife off for being home even later than I already was going to be. She had already said the night before, "so I guess I should write you off for most of the day Saturday, huh?" Pissy, pissy woman. LOL! So, I just drove straight home. I figured I could drive back later or early Sunday morning to pick up my brother's computer.

I get home and the sister-in-law is there. Hell, if I would have known my wife would be preoccupied with the sister-in-law's visit, I would have stopped by and gotten the computer. But, alas, I was a good husband. The in-law came over to swim with her son and our kids before she goes out to Forney for an early Fourth of July party with a neighbor she had that moved there. Forney is about an hour or so from Dallas. It used to be the sticks but I hear it's coming up a bit. It is still what we 'big city' folk would call 'country.'

It was funny because the in-law had taken a shower and all before I got there after swimming and she had curlers in her hair. I was wondering why and then the wife told me about the Forney party. About an hour after I had gotten home, the in-law was 'ready' for the party. She walked into our living room where we were watching television and she was the embodiment of redneck trailer trash! LOL! She was wearing blue jean shorts, a blue shirt with the American flag on it outlined with sequin-type things or glitter and the 80's big hair poof. I was wondering if she was going to a Pat Benatar concert or something! Or maybe she was going to the local hill billy bar to find her child a new daddy. Ha! She finally left to go to her redneck party in Forney.

We decided to take a drive. I am antsy. The kids are antsy. The wife doesn't care to go anywhere but she decided to go for the ride. So, off we are going...

No comments: