Saturday, July 09, 2005

More moving done

I was sore this morning. I knew I shouldn't have stopped moving yesterday until the wee hours because I knew I'd be sore and unmotivated but I needed to get some sleep. It was another hot ass day today! I loved it! I had to get some more crap out of the old apartment. Really all I had left was a few straggling pieces in all the rooms but my computer room. I had to pack and load my computer room. It was tedious because it's just a bunch of wires, computer accessories and your every-day basic crap! I was not looking forward to it. So, I just grabbed wires and such, stuck them into boxes and taped them shut. Packed it up and moved it out to the U-haul. I packed as much as I wanted into the truck and took it to the new abode. I unloaded and then took the truck back to the mini-storage I got it from.

Five hours, 74 bucks and change later, I was ready to eat a horse! I was really in the mood for some Chinese buffet! The kids were excited about it too! We decided to try a new place that we had seen near us. We have seen it in the past but were a little leery about going because the parking lot usually wasn't that full. To us that meant, it was not good. Well, today when we drove by the parking lot was pretty full so we decided to give it a try. After being sat, the wife and I went to make plates for each kid while my nephew sat with them at the table. This place was huge and had just as big of a selection to choose from. I returned to get me a plate once I was finished getting my child's plate. I piled the food on and ate it within ten minutes. I was starving and thirsty. I think I went through 4 diet cokes before my next plate. I even drank half of one of my kid's water! I took a break from stuffing my face before my next plate and began to realize something.

How is it that a Chinese restaurant has so many Hispanics eating in it? I'd have to say that at least 85% of the dining guests were Hispanic. And you know what the majority of them were eating? Oysters! I'm talking RAW oysters. Not smoked, cooked, baked or any of the above but RAW! Yuk! I'll eat some things raw but oysters was never something I particularly craved. Anyhow, I see that some of the Hispanic women are eating them as well as the men. WTF?! No wonder they have so many damn kids! You would think that since most of them barely make it above the poverty level that they would try to abstain from anything that makes them more horny than humans already are! Anyway, it is just odd to see that Chinese buffet is really food for the Hispanic community and not necessarily the Chinese community.

I was glad that I finish most of the "big" moving before we ate. I was stuffed and pretty much useless after eating. In fact, I would have probably shit myself if I tried to pick up anything heavy after eating so much. LOL! We got back to the duplex and sat around for just a bit. We had a lot to go through, unpack, set up and all. It's just as much a pain in the ass to pack as it is to unpack! I've been helping the wife with the living room, dining room, bedrooms and kitchen. Mainly just moving stuff around for her. I'll eventually get to my computer room, I guess. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law have both come over to help her unpack the dishes and such to help set up the rooms after I move the big things. Moving still sucks!

No comments: