Tuesday, July 12, 2005

New roller hockey season

I am taking off the summer session in the Over30B league as is team Tornados. Which is a good thing because I didn't want them to go from a 6-1-1 season back to a 0-8-0 season without me. Seriously, that's what they were the season before I joined them. And they had lost their first game of our championship season. Since I joined the team, they went undefeated!

YES! I'm that good!

Anyway, my brother plays on an Adult Copper league (18yrs+ of sort of newbie skaters) with some of his Over30B team and they asked me to play with them. I was going to take the season off because the games are so screwy. They don't follow the typical same day every week format. Typically the Copper league plays on Thursdays but because it's condensed the game days will vary. Which sucks.

I am playing just because it's cheap ($60), I don't want to sit out too long before the next major session and I sort of enjoy playing on the same team as my bro. I feed him pass after pass and he misses. I don't usually get a good return pass because I don't think he knows what "pass" means in hockey.

It's all fun though.

Our first game was tonight. I only scored one while I think my bro score 2 or 3. I had about 20 shots on goal again but just couldn't put anything in! It was pissing me off! Anyway, about 5 minutes into the game, I felt a little bad for the team we were playing. Most of the team was, in my honest opinion, below my level of play. I got out there and was skating circles around them.

Yes, I didn't score a whole lot but in no way was it due to the defensive skills of the opposition. The more I got pissed about missing my shots the less I felt bad though. That's probably why I couldn't score. I was trying too hard but I finally got one and that's better than none.

We had a piss poor goalie. He typically plays forward or defense on an Over30A team but he subs as goalie as needed. We scored six on the opposition but they scored six too. They really didn't score so much as our goalie let the pucks go in.

I guess that's how the shit flows though. Like I said, it's all in fun right now because it's only six games with no playoffs. Basically, it's like playing adult pick-up.

It's good to be playing still. Something to do besides just sit around and vegitate!

No comments: