Sunday, July 17, 2005

Happy Birthday to me!

It's about 2:30am on Sunday July 17th. It's my birthday. I don't know exactly what time I was born but is it really that important anyway?

If you are wondering why I am up this late or early it's because I am watching the movie "Hide and Seek". I was up late already, about 12:15am, and decided to go ahead and watch the movie that I rented. Yes it could have waited until later in the day on Sunday but I have another movie to watch with my wife: "Miss Congeniality 2". If we don't watch it together on Sunday, I'm going to watch it without her because I'm kind of anal about the movies I rent and I've had this one for too long.

Anyhow, we were up until midnight because we had a little get together at our new place with my niece and nephew. My nephew, his wife and their twins and my niece, her husband and newborn child came over around 6pm or so. I grilled some burgers on the gas grill we have in our little back patio/yard area. They brought their drinks, we played cards after dinner and we had a grand old time.

Afterwards, the niece and family had to drive back to south Arlington, about a 45 minute to an hour drive, while the nephew and family had to drive back to Euless, about a 20-30 minute drive. The wife and I cleaned up the kitchen and dining room before she went to bed.

No there was no pre-birthday nookie for me! Oh well, there's hopes for tomorrow but not high hopes!

"Hide and Seek" wasn't that good of a movie. It was pretty slow at the start and didn't really get too interesting until about half-way to three-quarters of the way through the movie. It had an interesting twist to it but it wasn't something that wasn't that difficult to catch. Parts of the movie seemed somewhat stolen from "The Shining" but with this particular director's twist. Anyhow, borrow from a friend or rent it cheap—very cheap!

I'm going to bed now.

No comments: