Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lack of sleep

...finally caught up with me.

I went to bed last night with a headache. I took some aspirin before I went to bed hoping I'd be better by the time I woke to get ready for work. It didn't work! I woke with a headache still. In fact, it was a little worse than the night before. I took some strong prescription medication before I left for work. Once I got to work, I went to get some breakfast because I was hungry and I didn't want the medication to do a number on my stomach. I've never taken it on an empty stomach so I didn't know what to expect but I knew it probably wouldn't be something I'd want to go through at work.

About midday, I felt much better but still had a hint of a headache in the back of my noggin just waiting to jump forward and cause me excruciating pain! It's okay though. I've dealt with it for years. As James Dalton, aka Patrick Swayze, said in Road House - "Pain don't hurt."

Luckily work wasn't that hard or stressful. It never really is. It's just long and boring. After work I got home and was going to run some errands that needed to be handled but around 6:30 p.m, the migraine came. It was one of those that make your eyes squint, not so much from the bright lights increasing the pain but just the pain itself giving me a constant furrowed brow

Good times!

I just kind of laid around. My kids wanted me to take them bike riding but it just wasn't going to happen. I felt bad for disappointing them but I really didn't have much say so in the matter. I know the headache came because I haven't slept well in the new place. I don't think it's so much the new place as it is I just haven't gotten to bed early enough these days and then I don't sleep well.

We went down from a king-sized bed to a queen-sized bed. Now instead of being able to spread eagle, my knees touch my wife's. Gross! Just kidding. I just haven't been able to get comfortable. It'll come. If I build it, it will come...LOL.

I still couldn't get to sleep early today because I had to watch them. My wife's last night of work for the week is tonight so it's just me and them. I let the kids play until about 10 p.m. I should have put them to bed earlier but I'm such a slacker and it's the summer. Plus, on the days when they are playing so well together, it's tough to make them stop for bed time at 8:30 p.m.

So, I'm still in pain and I'm typing in this freaking blog. How stupid is that? I'm outta here!

No comments: