Thursday, July 28, 2005

This morning started off sucking

I am tired as a son of a gun! Yes, it's my own fault but that's the way of my life.

I went to bed late last night. I had to go get Corky (aka David) last night because I have a roller hockey game tonight and the wife has her last working night for the summer. Ha, sounds like she's a prostitute or something.

Anyway, I planned on getting him around 8 p.m. last night but shit happened and I didn't end up leaving until a bit after 9pm. I planned on getting there and getting back by 10-10:30 p.m. at the latest.

Didn't happen. Never does!

I was yapping with my brother and nephew, Ollie and Robbie respectively. Somehow we got on the topic of whether or not it is a law for someone with an STD and knows it to tell someone that they are about to have sex with that they do. I said there wasn't but they said there was. Although I think it is wrong that they don't tell, I believe it is a violation of medical rights. If a doctor can't reveal medical history, why should an individual be required to?

They both said there was a national law that says you have to reveal your disease or you face criminal charges. Robbie tried to relate it to carrying a knife or gun or something. He wasn't completely coherent because he had already had about six glasses of Jack Daniel's and Coke.

Anyway, I made a bet with him that there wasn't such a law. He asked what the terms of the winner/loser would be. He said that if he was right that he got one night with my wife. Now, I don't know if I should be disturbed or proud that my 24-year-old nephew desires my wife but nevertheless, I could not agree to that term. I told Robbie that he should try to find his own women or go after my brother Vern's (#6 brother) wife, Marti. He said he'd pass. Again, pride or queasiness at his lustfulness for MY wife? LOL.

So, we agreed that I would tell him in a public place, in front of everyone and anyone that he was right. I said, "I will tell you 'Robbie, you have taught me something. You were right.'" Simple as that. I don't think we discussed what the term(s) would be if I won. I guess just knowing that I am NEVER wrong is good enough. He said he'd have proof of this law in three days. We'll see.

I got home around 12:30 a.m. this morning. I was tired to begin with but I was going to be even more tired. I tossed and turned a bit in the bed last night - I think I need to get me some but could be just being restless, NOT! Anyhow, the alarm went off this morning at 8 a.m. and I did not want to get up. I finally got out of bed around 8:07 a.m. and my left eye was burning. It was bothering me a bit last night and was a little red but it was worse this morning. I was blood-shot red and tearing badly. Luckily, there was not filmy gunk over it. I don't know what's bothering it but it still burns now at 10 a.m. I was thinking about calling into work because I could have pink eye but mainly because I am butt-ass tired. I think if I had pink eye, my eye would be filmy. But I'm no doctor. Oh well. I'll just suffer like I normally do until it passes.

I got to work this morning and decided to do some research on the topic Robbie and I discussed about the "STD law." Google gave me some random sites but I found a very interesting one here in case anyone cares.

There is not a national law but there are individual state laws and those vary depending on the states. If you look at the state laws though, most are very specific regarding acts other than simple intercourse between two people. Some stated that it was a felony to donate blood, organs or semen while knowingly having an STD. Others were like you can be held liable if you are in prostitution or someone has you in prostitution while having an STD. I went through a few randomly selected states for the 'generical' STD laws and those specific to HIV and didn't find anything backing Robbie's claim. Nor did I see any related cases (like Roe vs Wade) that have been prosecuted under any of the laws I viewed.

So, I'm right. I'm tired. And I get nothing but the glory of knowing I am omnipotent!

Was it worth it? Not at this moment, I'm not really feeling it!

No comments: